We believe that great documentation in the product (property panes, tool tips, guided tutorials, etc...) and out of the product (user guides, web pages, etc...) can make the difference between a product being loved or it being hidden in obscurity. At Varigence we’re creating a new approach to building and using business intelligence solutions. We need you to write the documentation to ensure that all of our customers understand and can exploit the full potential of the Varigence product line.
Your responsibilities as writer will include writing conceptual documentation, reference documentation, in-product documentation, website content, sample code, and scripts for video tutorials. You will also participate in contributing to the blog and answering customer questions.
Qualifications that we look for in a great writer are:
- 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation.
- Knowledge of Excel, XML, and SQL Server technologies.
- Proficiency with enterprise computing technology. For example, can easily format and reconfigure a computer with Microsoft Business Intelligence stack or setup ActiveDirectory. You need to be able to setup a real environment to understand and write about it.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn new tools and processes quickly.
- Knowledge of IIS is a plus.
As you know, great copy doesn’t just write itself. If you can help us, please apply now!