Vivid User Guide
Microsoft Excel© just got better—a lot better—with Vivid. This powerful Office add-in extends Excel with new features that empower your organization to
collaborate more effectively, while at the same time, greatly simplifying the process of building insightful reports—even against the most unwieldy cubes
(see Overview Screenshot). Once you've experienced Vivid, you will never again want to use Excel without it.
An Excel report using Vivid features.
Vivid provides the following features:
- One-click browsing and publishing of Excel reports to the Vivid server—all from the ribbon
- Threaded rich-text comments with attachments, which allows extensive, multi-level collaboration within the Excel report
- Smart filter technology, which enables the pivot table editor to display only the attributes and measures that are currently applicable
- Fast key word searching, which makes even the largest cubes navigable
- Vivid calculations and named sets that act just like SQL Server's calculations, but reside in the report
- Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) visualization, which presents a view of the actual query that the pivot table is using
- RSS/Atom feed for up-to-the-second notifications of new reports or updates